I have a confession to make.
I am a muffin lover.
Tis’ true. I love all the muffins. Pumpkin muffins, chocolate muffins, blueberry Muffins, egg muffins, and especially banana protein muffins!
You guys, I am a momma that is trying my darnedest (sure, that’s a word) to feed my family well. It’s something that is so important to me, and I make it a priority.
This recipe is super simple. Like the MOST SIMPLE MUFFIN RECIPE EVER!!!! And only takes 5-10 minutes to whip up and put in the oven with minimal baking mess.
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links. We may earn a small commission to fund our coffee drinking habit if you use these links to make a purchase. You will not be charged extra, and you’ll keep us supplied in caffeine. It’s a win for everyone, really.
This specific recipe is one that our family has been using for years! I love it because it’s delicious and it’s not just any plain ole’ muffin. It also packs a protein punch. I’m not so into the protein because I’m trying to raise body builders or anything, I am just trying to keep my kids full and fueled. Food is fuel and we need to be filling our tanks with quality stuff.
I especially love plant based protein powders. Mostly, because I am allergic to anything with dairy in it. But also because plants are stinking awesome and we need to be eating more of them.
Here’s what I love about the Complete drink powder I choose to feed my kids in this recipe and every single day in shake or smoothie form:
- It’s low glycemic and helps to stabilize blood sugars.
- It’s got the good carbs (the complex ones we need) and lots of fiber.
- It’s a clean plant based protein.
- And it’s safe for all, even pregnant and/or nursing moms, athletes, kids– EVERYONE.
I could go on and on about the reasons why I love it, and how our family has been eating it for over five years now. But I won’t because I know you’re wanting to check out this yummy and super simple muffin recipe! But please email us at email@example.com you have any questions about the Complete shake mix we love.
And now for the moment you’ve been waiting for…
Banana Protein Muffins
- 3/4 cup organic rolled oats
- 2/3 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 egg
- 2-3 very ripe bananas mashed in the peel
- 1/4 cup almond butter you can sub peanut butter
- 2 tbsp local honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease your muffin pan or line them with muffin wrappers.
- Add 1/2 cup of oats to your food processor or blender and pulse 3-5 times breaking up the oats.
- Then add all of the ingredients. Mashing the Banana in the peel with your hands makes a difference. (I always do this when working with bananas while baking. The banana flavor is stronger and the moistness is over the top!)
- In your food processor or blender, blend all of the ingredients together until nice and creamy. There will be some texture to the batter and that is okay! Blending will take less than 5 minutes. Really!
- Then fill each muffin tin 3/4 of the way.
- And then bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. These will be pretty moist if you used 3 bananas. When the timer is done, your toothpick may not come out completely clean. That is okay.
- Once the muffins are cooked, pull them out of the oven and let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Then remove carefully to a cooling rack and let cool.
- Then store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. But they won't last that long!
Happy Muffin Makin’ or maybe I should say…Happy Muffin Eatin’